Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sample Blog Post -- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett

[Somebody just reminded me I said I would put up a sample blog post, so here it is! Many of you have already written your first ones, and they're all good examples, too! Click the links to the right to read each others' blogs.]


There's so much I love about this--a classic song, the pairing of a legendary singer with a current diva, the big-band sound with blaring trumpets and tinkling piano--but most of all, these two just seem to be having so much fun making music together! The performance is high energy and shows great chemistry between them. This clip also reminds me that Lady Gaga was trained as a musical theater singer, and it shows in her impeccable vocal technique and artistic mastery of this kind of song ("The Lady Is a Tramp" originated in the 1937 Broadway musical Babes in Arms).That part of her background also explains why all her performances are so theatrical. I also like the part near the end when they start scatting and dance to the big saxophone solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment